Scarabs were popular amulets in ancient Egypt. According to ancient Egyptian myths, the sun (Ra) rolls across the sky each day and transforms bodies and souls. Modeled upon the Scarabaeidae family dung beetle, which rolls dung into a ball for the purposes of eating and laying eggs that are later transformed into larva, the scarab was seen as an earthly symbol of this heavenly cycle.
Color & Size Options:
- Red Mahogany Stain - 18" x 20" x 1/2"
- Finished with a clear polyurethane gloss.
- A Sturdy saw-tooth or D-Ring hanger has been nailed/screwed to the back for easy hanging.
- Colors may vary from what’s shown in photo due to lighting and digital processing.
- Shipping and handling costs vary depending on quantity and location.