The lotus flower has long been valued by Buddhists and viewed as a sacred flower by Hindus and the ancient Egyptians. The first and most literal meaning is from the lotus’ ability to rise and bloom above the mud to achieve enlightenment. A lotus flower fully bloomed and open represents full enlightenment and self-awareness. The second meaning is purification, resembled by the purifying of the spirit, which is born into murkiness. The third meaning refers to faithfulness. Those who are working to rise above the muddy waters will need to be faithful followers. In a literal sense, the meaning of the lotus flower in Buddhism represents rebirth as when a soul leaves this world in its present form to be reborn in another.
Color & Size Options:
- Red Mahogany Stain & Golden Pecan Stain - 10" x 5" x 1/2"
- Mahogany w/ Cedar Stain, Cedar w/ Red Oak Stain, Pecan w/ Redwood Stain, Mahogany w/ Redwood Stain - 13 1/4" x 8 1/2" x 1/4"
- Finished with a clear polyurethane gloss.
- A Sturdy saw-tooth or D-Ring hanger has been nailed/screwed to the back for easy hanging.
- Colors may vary from what’s shown in photo due to lighting and digital processing.
- Shipping and handling costs vary depending on quantity and location.